Monday, January 7, 2008

You Are Special

Zephaniah 3:17--"He will take great delight in you..." I love this verse and use is over and again in my works. I guess I need the affirmation at times because of my low self-esteem. How wonderful to truly believe that the creator loves and delights in his creation. You know, there are some pieces I've made that are ok in my eyes and then there are others that are special to me. This is one of the special ones. I made this for my friend, Deena, (http://deenasstory.blogspot.com/) before her breast surgery in December and I love the look on the little one's face as she contemplates her fate. I need another picture of her as she finds out that her Savior actually delights in her. That news should bring a smile to her face. It does to Deena. Does it to you?

I used a small notebook and added a vintage image and other ephemera and text and dress pattern pieces. I etched in gel medium, stained and highlighted in gold paint. I punched a hole and added jewelry dangles, ribbon and jute cording. It measures 3 1/2" x 4 1/2."

No comments: