Monday, January 21, 2008

Hearts Inclined Toward God

Deuteronomy 6:29--"Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!"

This piece of altered art was one of the first I made last Spring. It is a photo of my tenth grandchild, Hannah. She was my little experiment in altered art. We're all little experiments in the making. It's too bad we do the experimenting instead of letting God do it. We have all the instructions we need in his word and we just need to incline (lean) our hearts toward God and follow his commands.

This art was made on an old book cover measuring 4 1/2" x 6" on which I collaged ephemera (magazine photos, stamps, old text), etched in gel medium and painted with acrylics and gold paint. I added old lace, pearls, stamps, vellum, and yarn and hung it with a piece of copper wire.

No comments: