Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shadow of Your Wings

Psalm 17:8--Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."

Sometimes the only safe place is in the shadows. We hide their many times to avoid conflict or danger, confrontation or exposure. This scripture, however, places us in an even better place, the shadow of God's wings. How much better is that than anywhere else? We can find rest and peace there knowing He is caring for us. Now we must trust Him as He holds us there.

I made this card for my friend, Deena, as she is dealing with news regarding her cancer and chemo. I can't begin to know what she is feeling. I only know what his word says and that He is with her through it all.

This card started as a playing card on which I adhered some double-copied wings and a vintage image, painted, etched in gel, painted and stained. I used glitter glue to glitterfy the wings.

2 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

What a beautiful card..an honor that it's inspiration came from me..
I love you dear!!
deena

Tanya said...

This is a beautiful card Sally.. I hope it was uplifting to your friend.

Tanya