Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cold Weather

Psalm 148:8--"Snow and frost and every stormy wind, come praise the Lord!"
Praising the Lord is not the first thing I think of when an icy blast of wind strikes me, but after reading this verse, if I don't praise him the wind will. I do love the snow, however. I love when the sun glistens and the ice crystals sparkle. I love when the flakes are like snowballs and snow gathers quickly and covers everything. I'm so glad I live in a snowy climate because I do love the snow and I know it is a gift from God. Praise the Lord!

I challenged myself to make a card out of whatever I could find last weekend. I had gone on a deer camp trip with my husband and I was the cook. All I brought was scissors, an AARP magazine (totally worthless for inspirational pictures), playing cards, a copy of a vintage picture and glue stick. I found the string, made the card and when I came home I added the tulle and gel pen.

No comments: