Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Snow

"He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth.' " Job 37:6

I love winter. I've always said that if it's going to be cold, it should snow and it does where we live. The bad thing about it is that it gets dirty quickly. As a matter of fact, everything gets dirty--cars, shoes, gloves, yards, streets, walkways, et al. Snow usually begins in December and stays on the ground until about March. Sometimes it gets warm enough to melt off the yards but the mounds of snow in the parking lots betray the fact that winter is not over. Just as we think we're done with snow, we have more. I don't care, though, because it is so beautiful. All the dirty is gone and the clean white snow covers us once more. Christ makes us new again by covering our sins and making us clean as new-fallen snow.

This card was created on watercolor paper on which I adhered a vintage image, other ephemera, gesso and glitter glue. It measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2."

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh I love this one sweetie..
you amaze me..always creating
always talented!!

love ya friend, deena