Thursday, January 3, 2008

Joyful Noise

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing."-- Psalm 100:1-2. I've wondered why we use noise-makers to bring in the new year. I guess because they are a form of celebration. We use them also on birthdays (remember those little whistley blow toys?) and the Fourth of July in the USA. We're also encouraged by the Psalmist to use noise-makers in worship. You don't have to know how to sing, just sing praise. If you've studied an instument, use it in worship. The most joyful noise we have is our telling others of Christ. Go out and make some noise!

I made this card way back in November and forgot to use it for Christmas, but I thought it was appropriate now. I used an image of an old postcard, old stamps from other countries, foreign text and other ephemera, gesso and paint on a playing card.

1 comment:

Bella said...

"make a joyful noise" I think I will take that as a sign!! :)

love this piece!!

may 2008 be your best year ever!!

xo ~Bella