Monday, February 11, 2008

Covered With Feathers

Psalm 91:4--"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wing you will find refuge."

What great words of comfort. When we need him most he nestles us under his wing like a bird protects her offspring. These words give me hope when life brings its storms. When we can find peace nowhere else, we turn to God, the first place we should have come in the beginning. Sweet peace comes from the Prince of Peace.

This art started as an old book cover on which I collaged background trees and water and over which I adhered tracing paper. I added a vintage image, text, ribbons and craft feathers. It measures approximately 6" x 8 1/2" and I spent about 2 1/2 hours making it. It is for sale in my Etsy Shop--see sidebar. Comment on one or more of my blog posts over the past week and have your name entered in a drawing to take place tomorrow for a small journal I posted on Feb. 4. You'll find more details there.

No comments: