Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pottery

They may look like to plain mugs to you, but to me they are very special. My husband made plans for me to make these for my birthday present. I actually "made" them myself--with the help of the master potter. Yes, I had my hands in and around them, the wheel was spinning and I was forming them--with the help of the master potter. I made the mug part and the potter put on the handles and glaze later. He had given me specific instructions on how to make them, but I wanted to turn my hands in different directions. Of course, that didn't work and he reminded me of what he had said. When I followed his directions, I was successful. How often we turn to our own devices and do our thing when we should be following the instructions of the Master Potter. Isaiah 64:8--"Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."

Thank you, Larry of Lost Creek Pottery, for allowing me insight into your expertise. I know now that I don't have a passion as your do for making pottery, but I welcomed the experience. Find Larry at http://www.lostcreekpottery.com.

No comments: