Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Rest In You

Psalm 62:5--"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."
2 Chronicles 14:7--" 'The land is still ours, because we sought the Lord our God; we sought him and he has given us rest on every side." So they built and prospered."

In all the turmoils in life, we can always find rest in God. God gives us a sense of security in suffering, a feeling of comfort in chaos and a place of safety in the storms. Run to him. Cling to him. Hold on and feel his mighty arms around you, all you who call him "Father."

I made this piece of art in response to my feelings concerning the destruction of Union University in Jackson, TN by a tornado yesterday. My heart hurts for them and I wish I were there to help. I'm praying for all the workers, students, teachers and administrators, alumni and citizens as they rally and rebuild their lovely school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie showed Tricia and me this while we were there and both liked it.
Thanks for your words, Sally.
Mary