Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thinking Spring

1 Corinthians 2:12--"God has given us his Spirit. That's why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. That's also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us."

When I look at the first signs of Spring, I am thankful to God that we don't have winter all the time. When I see the first blades of the crocus pushing through the snow, my hopes soar that winter will soon be over. When the first buds appear on the trees, I praise God that he has devised a wonderful plan for new life. God has also given us a plan for eternal life by trusting in his Son, Jesus. Just think of the blessings He gives us!

This is a book cover cut to 4" square on which I have painted, etched in gel medium, highlighted with gesso and adhered bits of ephemera. I added old lace, glitter glue, buttons, dress pattern tissue, plastic rings, ribbon and tulle. The photo is a Paper Whimsy delight. I made this for an exchange for a Yahoo group.

No comments: