Thursday, February 21, 2008

Guaranteed

Ephesians 1:13-14--"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory."

Sometimes Paul gets a little wordy in his explanations of God's redemption and glory. The word I've drawn out of this passage is "guaranteeing." God's giving us the Holy Spirit is the guarantee we need in knowing that we are God's. Anyone who knows Christ intimately knows the power of the Holy Spirit at work in their lives. We understand more who God is and what he does-- those things that are completely out of the realm of human control. I may never be wealthy in the world's standards, but I know I have an eternal "inheritance" with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

This little card began as a playing card on which I painted and adhered a vintage image and other ephemera. I stamped the word on scrap paper using gesso. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with silver paint and black stain.

1 comment:

. said...

Hi just found you what a blessing. Love your art. Please stop into my blog and get some free clip art. Blessings Denise