Friday, February 8, 2008

Faded Flowers

Isaiah 40:8--The grass withers; the flower fades but the word of our God stands forever."
What a promise! It has been true through the ages that the Bible has been a "best seller." Even those who don't know the God of the Bible know some of his words and use them as proverbs for life. I depend on His word for solace, guidance, growth, instruction, lessons in righteousness, friendship, joy, power and encouragement--just to name a few. Like flowers, this little card won't last forever, but my soul will and I nurture my soul through his word.

This art began as a playing card onto which I mounted a flat magnet as the backing. I created the background paper from computer-generated text and stain. I added a vintage image (Paper Whimsy), reproduction ads, old millinery flower (repainted), old pulled thread edging from a vintage hankie. I added gel and etched a design, painted and stained.

No comments: