Friday, February 22, 2008

Create

Psalm 51:10--"Create in me a clean heart, O God."

God's still in the creation business. He can make a miracle out of junk. I like to think I can create things out of junk, but when it comes to creating a clean heart, only God can do it. Notice that David, the Psalmist, asked God to do this. Clean hearts don't come by chance. We have to battle with our tainted hearts all the time. The creator of all can do wonders if we give him our junk.

I "created" this piece of art from an old book cover measuring 4 1/2" x 7" on which I adhered a 1 1/2" piece of point d'venice lace on the bottom and wrapped ribbons, tulle and an old wood buckle on the top. I glued more lace, a copy of a vintage image and other ephemera to the cover. I printed "create" on ribbon over old tea-stained music and openweave fabric. I added my gel etchings to the upper corners. It goes on Etsy today. I'm opening up the opportunity to make personalized art by using the buyer's own photo.

No comments: