Thursday, February 7, 2008

Flowers Appear

Song of Solomon 2:11-12--See! The winter is past....Flowers appear on the earth."
We got at least four more inches of snow yesterday. Although it is beautiful, my heart is yearning for Spring. What better way to experience a breath of Spring than to create a "Springy" piece of art. I thank God for all the snow we've had, because the water contributes mightily toward a good Spring crop. Thank you, Lord, for the changing seasons.

This is a little journal measuring 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" on which I adhered background paper (Shabby Cottage Studio), a vintage image (Paper Whimsy), copies of old advertisements (thank you, Deena), old lace, handerchief strip, and ribbons. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with gesso. I added old text (again, Deena) inside the covers. I'm putting it for sale on Etsy today. (See left side bar.)

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT ON ONE OF MY BLOG ENTRIES THIS WEEK. I HAVE ANOTHER LITTLE JOURNAL (POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO) TO GIVE AWAY IN A DRAWING TO BE HELD FEB. 11.

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

An ever so sweet lil gal
by an ever so sweet artist!!
love you
deena