Monday, February 25, 2008

In Your Care

Psalm 22:10--"From the day I was born, I have been in your care, and from the time of my birth, you have been my God."
Babies are so resilient. They have to be to take all the falls and bumps involved with learning to walk. Their little heads get bumped when they stand up under something they stood under a month ago, but it doesn't fit them now. They stumble and trip as they learn on what they can walk and where they can't. It's also easy to teach them about God because He has been there all the time. Children are innately spiritual. They are like sponges as they soak in the truths about God. Every day is a new experience for them. We need to be more like children and allow God to saturate ours lives with His goodness. We need to trust him to catch us when we fall and nurture us as we grow in Him. After all, He's been there all the time.

This is an old book cover altered into a piece of art. I've adhered a copy of an old photo (Thank you, Tanya), other ephemera and I etched in gel medium and painted it with old gold paint. I added buttons, an old window shade pull, ribbons, lace and charms. I'm adding it to my Etsy Store today.

No comments: